The Apache Lenya development community is very proud to announce the 2.0 release of Apache Lenya.
Apache Lenya is an Open Source Java/XML Content Management System and comes with revision control, site management, scheduling, search, WYSIWYG editors, and workflow.
Apache Lenya is based on . You can use Cocoon features such as robust caching, multi-channel output, it's many connectivity options to quickly build customized solutions to meet your specific needs that are not already covered by Apache Lenya today.
Check out the Apache Lenya website for more information.
The Apache Lenya Community
New Features in Apache Lenya 2.0
- Separation of API and implementation
Storage and Content Model
- Documents are referenced using UUIDs
- Improved management of internal links
- Configurable meta data element sets
- New protocols simplify repository access
- Publication templating for re-using common functionality
in multiple publications
- Create new publication instances via the GUI
- Support for configurable publication properties
- Explicitly deny permissions on particular pages
Assets and Images
- Assets and images are treated as documents
- Image upload in source editor
- SVG-based server-side image resizing
Workflow and Versioning
- Quickly manipulate multiple documents
- Personal user inboxes
- Function to override other users' check-out
- Various usability improvements
- News / weblog module with RSS generation
- Language selection widget
- Dynamically generated layout images, e.g. round corners
- Better and more flexible editor integration (work in progress)
- Usecase framework to simplify the implementation of user
- Improved repository API
- Cleanup of the code base